What Is Oscilloscope Software?
Oscilloscope software, referred to as Time Scope in DSP System Toolbox™, performs time-domain analysis of multichannel signals and data—tasks that are traditionally handled by hardware instruments. Time Scope (oscilloscope software) is one in a set of multichannel streaming scopes.
Using oscilloscope software (Time Scope in DSP System Toolbox) with MATLAB® and Simulink®, engineers can visualize, measure, and analyze the time-domain characteristics of evolving multichannel signals or streaming data in real-time or during simulation.
Time Scope displays signal characteristics and measurements such as signal amplitude, cycles, and time between events in the waveform for a variety of signals and data types that include audio, biosignals, communication signals, speech, and streaming data acquired from sensors and instruments. The user interface, features, and measurements are consistent with conventional hardware-based oscilloscopes.
- Cursor measurements
- Peak finder
- Signal statistics such as maximum, minimum, mean, median, and RMS values
- Bilevel measurements such as transitions, overshoot or undershoot, and cycles
For more information on oscilloscope software, see the DSP System Toolbox documentation.
Examples and How To
- Display Time-Domain Data - Example
- Time Scope Measurements - Example
- Signal Visualization and Measurements in MATLAB - Example
- Spectrum Analyzer Measurements - Example
- Display Frequency-Domain Data in Spectrum Analyzer - Example
- Getting Started with DSP System Toolbox Overview
- Introduction to Streaming Signal Processing in MATLAB - Example
- Signal Processing and Communications - MathWorks Consulting
See also: DSP System Toolbox, LTE Toolbox, Communications Toolbox, Phased Array System Toolbox, Signal Processing Toolbox, HDL Coder, Embedded Coder, Simulink Coder, Fixed-Point Designer, RF Blockset, RF Toolbox, stream processing in MATLAB, parametric equalizer, spectrum analyzer software, logic analyzer, audio signal processing, Why Simulink for Wireless System Design